West Bend, WI
We are also hiring for other Heavy Highway Construction positions including:
- Operator in Grading Equipment (Waukesha, WI)
- Road Grader Operator (Madison, WI)
- Experienced Asphalt Paving Operator (Waukesha, WI)
- Experienced Asphalt Roller Operator (Milwaukee, WI)
Payne + Dolan Inc., A Walbec Group Company
Southeastern WI (Waukesha, Washington County)
This position is eligible for an incredible sign-on bonus of $1000 paid at hire and $1000 paid after 13 weeks of work!
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne + Dolan Inc., of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as an Experienced Laborer and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2022 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for Experienced Laborers, for our upcoming 2023 season, responsible for supporting construction operations in various aspects and is responsible for many basic tasks that require physical labor and mental preparedness. Examples include: raking, shoveling, cleaning, measuring, traffic control and operation of small equipment (saw, blower, etc.).
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- Projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- A CDL is preferred, but not required.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Have the ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- Member of the appropriate trade union or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership is not required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is able to assist in that process as needed.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the asphalt paving industry.
- Is proficient at raking and shoveling asphalt.
- Has a general knowledge of how to read grades using a level.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union(s).
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!Apply Now