We are also hiring for other Business Operations Support positions including:
- Associate Controller (Appleton, WI)
- Aggregate Sales Dispatcher (Madison, WI)
- Trucking Operations Coordinator (Green Bay, WI)
Electrical Maintenance Supervisor
Electrical Maintenance Supervisor
Construction Resources Management, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Construction Resources Management of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as an Electrical Maintenance Supervisor and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
The Electrical Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the completion of complex electrical projects within the Walbec Group of companies. Primary duties will involve the organization and monitoring of subcontractor work, but will occasionally perform field work as well, if needed. You will provide leadership with a strong emphasis on ethics, safety, and environmental compliance.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure a Safe and Ethical Work Environment.
- Be self-sufficient and require little direction to determine the scope of electrical projects and arrange for appropriate subcontractors or perform the necessary work.
- Diagnose and triage plant electrical issues in the asphalt and aggregate industry.
- Help create and maintain electrical P.M. programs.
- Find qualified subcontractors in areas of need and establish relationships with existing subcontractors.
- Monitor Subcontractors work, manage timeline of projects and report completion progress as needed or requested.
- Be prepared and qualified to read and understand electrical codes and design specifications to effectively monitor job cost estimates and related reports.
- Assist as needed with the electrical design and troubleshooting of Manufacturing facility equipment in either Asphalt or Aggregate facilities.
- Support all aspects of asphalt plant operations including control systems.
- Work with manufacturing team to create and maintain a checklist of plant safety interlock procedures. I.E. High silo, high slat and transfer, burner safeties, hot oil system and A.C. tank overflow protection.
- Work with manufacturing team to create and maintain a checklist of proper temperature probe calibrations. I.E. A.C. temperature, A.C. tank temperature, Baghouse inlet and exit temperatures and mix temperatures.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays. We are big fans of our "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company-paid short-and long-term disability with company contribution, paid parental leave, profit sharing, and a robust Walbec training program.
- 2-5 years of experience performing electrical installation and maintenance within construction or manufacturing environments in The Asphalt Industry
- General construction industry knowledge with some exposure to heavy/highway construction
- Experience in a vertically integrated construction materials organization.
- Training and certification/licensing in the electrical field with a strong understanding of electricity and the components related to asphalt and aggregate plants.
- Working knowledge of electrical code guidelines and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities as well as consulting, conflict management, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- The ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Self-directed and motivated with the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative and exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!