We are also hiring for other Bridges & Structures positions including:
- Bridge Construction Laborer (Woodbury, MN)
- Bridge Construction Laborer (Tomah, WI)
- Certified Crane Operator (CCO)-Bridge Construction (Woodbury, MN)
- Certified Crane Operator (CCO)-Bridge Construction (Tomah, WI)
Certified Crane Operator (CCO)-Bridge Construction
Certified Crane Operator (CCO)
Zenith Tech a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Certified Crane Operator (CCO) and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Certified Crane Operator (CCO) responsible for using machinery to move materials at construction sites.
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload. Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunctions or damage. Inspect cables or grappling devices for wear and install or replace cables, as needed.
- Direct helpers engage in placing blocking or outrigging under cranes.
- Load or unload bundles from trucks or move containers to storage bins, using moving equipment.
- Clean, maintain, and secure all equipment. Assist with repairs as needed.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training courses on our Walbec employee website for personal and professional development.
- Projects will vary by location, so reliable transportation and a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed. Zenith Tech does extensive heavy/highway construction in different areas, and throughout the state of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan.
- Valid Driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Class A CDL preferred, but not required.
- CCO (Certified Crane Operator) certification.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Have the ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- Member of the appropriate trade union or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership is not required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is able to assist in that process as needed.
- Successfully pass or has passed the Operators Union aptitude test when required.
- Piling and sheeting experience, and prior experience in pile driving, multi-line work, friction crane, and multi-crane lift.
- Lattice boom and crane crawler proficient, and able to operate production backhoe, and HC110 machine.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture throughout the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands that the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!