We are also hiring for other Bridges & Structures positions including:
Bridge Construction Carpenter
Bridge Construction Carpenter
Zenith Tech a Walbec Group Company
Hennepin County, MN.
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Carpenter and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Carpenter responsible for the assembly and removal of forms used for forming concrete structures during bridge/dam construction. These forms include footings, abutments, walls, pier stems/columns, pier caps, bridge decking and parapets. Other related duties may be assigned by the Foreman or other management.
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training courses on our Walbec employee website for personal and professional development.
- Projects will vary by location, so reliable transportation and a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- The primary focus of this work is in Hennepin Co. MN and other locations throughout that region.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Able to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- Member of a Local Carpenters Union, or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership is not required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is available to assist in that process as needed.
- Prior bridge construction experience and/or construction experience is preferred.
- Bridge decking experience.
- Proficient in building form footings, forming walls, wings, and be able to tie in corners using concrete forming systems such as EFCO.
- Must be proficient in forming diaphragms, cheek walls, shear blocks, and bulkheads.
- Must be proficient at hanging and adjusting overhang jacks and forming all parts of overhang falsework.
- Proficient in forming parapets.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture throughout the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!