We are also hiring for other Professional positions including:
Asphalt Plant Supervisor
Asphalt Plant Supervisor
Payne + Dolan, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne + Dolan of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Asphalt Plant Supervisor and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Asphalt Plant Manager, the Asphalt Plant Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations associated with asphalt plant supervision and asphalt production. In addition, will be directing and coordinating the activities related to the production of asphalt for internal asphalt customers and external customers.
- Provide leadership and be a safety role model by promoting and enforcing safe work habits.
- Work with safety manager, aggregate supervisors and field personnel to enforce OSHA/MSHA laws and regulations and promote safety within the organization.
- Work with plant foreman and quality control personnel in scheduling materials testing and maintaining product specifications during production.
- Assist in perpetual review, improvement and implementation of CQI procedures and processes.
- Work with all manufacturing departments to ensure materials meet specifications and shipping/load out time frames.
- Work with foreman and customers in the day-to-day operations of asphalt production.
- Prepare asphalt plant budgets and oversee the production throughout the construction season.
- Review and monitor production costs regularly to keep as efficient as possible and identify ways to increase production efficiency and lower costs.
- Work with Plant Managers, Project Managers, Schedulers, and FOB customers to coordinate daily plant personnel/staffing needs.
- Analyze equipment usage and needs, research and make recommendations on new equipment to be purchased.
- Work with aggregate site manager to coordinate production needs and schedule to ensure adequate supply of incoming aggregate will be available - communication of needs is key.
- Work with land resource department to procure/maintain permits for asphalt plant operation (both permanent and portable).
- Direct & support plant foreman on planning and implementation of the operations plans.
- Coordinate completion of necessary plant site work including site prep and stockpile management.
- Assist in maintaining site quantities, signing, fences, seeding, mulching, landscaping and other site needs (HMA specific).
- Ensure professional appearance and aesthetics of plant(s) at all times.
- Review and approve invoices, assign costs to proper plants or jobs.
- Compile and maintain costs and costs history for labor, equipment, electricity, natural gas/burner fuel, etc.
- Manage subcontractors when performing work at plant(s) in coordination with site manager and plant maintenance.
- Maintain inventory needs for upcoming season and in-season management for all managed plant sites in coordination with aggregate site manager.
- Review aggregate costs and asphalt costs monthly.
- Work with aggregate site manager to transfer detailed site maps with stockpile locations and product codes from aggregate production crews to plant crews.
- Work closely with aggregate/asphalt sales to ensure product availability and specification.
- Ensure continuous communication with manufacturing management (VP, General Manager, and Area Manager) about asphalt related issues and developments.
- All other projects as assigned.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays. We are big fans of our "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company-paid short-and long-term disability with company contribution, paid parental leave, profit sharing, and a robust Walbec training program.
- Must be safety oriented including detailed knowledge of the OSHA/MSHA regulations, compliance and inspection process required.
- Must be a team player.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in asphalt industry.
- Knowledge of all aspects of day-to-day operations for asphalt production including safety, budgeting, production, costs, repairs, maintenance, specifications, and quality control.
- Knowledge of asphalt plant and rolling stock equipment repair & preventative maintenance.
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Prior experience in planning, scheduling, supervising and coordinating all aspects of crushing and washing production jobs.
- Experience with all aspects of plant management including permitting, crushing and washing production, load out and subcontractor management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field preferred.
- HCSS HeavyJob and HeavyBid preferred.
- AutoCAD® 3D or similar software experience and related computer design software experience preferred.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative and exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!