Northeast Asphalt, Inc.
$20 - Hourly
Quality Control Field Technician
Northeast Asphalt, A Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Technical Services Manager (TSM), the Field Technician is responsible for providing quality testing for the company in an ethical, precise and expedient manner. In addition, the Field Technician must be able to work and communicate in a professional manner with both internal and external customers
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform sampling of construction materials from various locations within the region, including both permanent and portable crushing, washing and asphalt plants
- Perform testing of construction materials, including but not limited to aggregates and hot mix asphalt
- Perform mathematical calculations as required for daily job duties
- Follow the applicable specifications and current test procedures within relevant agency manuals, training and certifications while utilizing the Corporate QC Lab Standards and QC Technician Manual guidelines
- Accurately communicate and report test results, including documentation of specific test(s) performed and required paperwork, to all necessary internal and external staff as directed
- Document and maintain all test data on the appropriate data sheets and charts after every test
- Ensure all information is accurate and entered on the appropriate data sheets and in the computer system(s)
- Maintain records in an organized manner and document sampling and testing performed and actions taken
- Prepare, maintain and analyze test results and assist in the production process by making troubleshooting adjustments
- Confirm the Team Leader and/or TSM has all the required paperwork (job data, calibration data, etc.)
- Ensure that all equipment is working properly and calibrated. Responsible for following the calibration schedule for each lab and notifying the Team Leader and/or TSM of any malfunctioning equipment. Perform regular maintenance on testing equipment
- Ensure that the proper forms are completed when setting up lab, tearing down a lab for a move and at end of the season
- Ensure all testing equipment, laboratories and vehicles are properly cleaned and kept in a professional manner. At a minimum, cleaning should be done at the end of every shift
- Maintain vehicles when used to visit job sites and complete all necessary safety checks and log books to ensure accurate driving records
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Be capable of performing mathematical calculations required for necessary daily job duties.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- The ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and the ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision, must be a self-starter.
- The ability to frequently lift 50 70 pounds.
- The ability to physically perform the required tests, both in the lab and on a field construction site.
- The ability to understand and follow all established and required company safety guidelines.
- The ability to obtain the necessary certifications required to perform assigned duties.
- The ability to strictly adhere to company established laboratory standards.
- Bachelor's Degree, Associates Degree, or an equivalent combination of training and work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends, as needed. Overnight stays and extended travel may be required.
- All Technicians who will be operating any meter will be issued a dosimeter in order to monitor the individual's occupational exposure to radiation.
- Each Technician must abide by and follow all the administrative codes concerning radiation protection and will be required to attend and pass "Radiation Safety & HazMat training".
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.