Zenith Tech, Inc.
Project Manager- Curb and Gutter
The Walbec Group - Helping people reach their destinations
Where you work is a very important part of where you head in life. The Walbec Group is a family of companies that have collectively served the needs of their customers for over 85 years. Together Payne & Dolan, Inc., Northeast Asphalt, Inc., Zenith Tech, Inc., Premier Concrete, Inc. & Construction Resources Management, Inc. provide professional construction and engineering services. We offer an excellent benefit package including free health insurance, life insurance, disability, 401(k), profit sharing, PTO, paid holidays and much more!
What is your destination?
Don't miss this opportunity to join our curb and gutter team!
Under the direction of the Area Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities on designated jobs to ensure that goals and/or objectives of the job are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate project activities to meet deadlines
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction project
- Prepare and submit budget project schedules, progress reports and 3 week project schedules
- Ensure overall profitability of designated jobs
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects and communicate construction managers
- Oversee all job quantity reporting, cost-to-cost reporting, job labor budgets, weekly schedules, and the scheduling of specific P.O. materials
- Engage weekly with Construction Managers and subcontractors to obtain progress reports
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites
- Assist in the development of a site safety plan and to ensure all jobs and personnel are focused on working safely and efficiently
- Engage with owners by attending and/or leading meetings
- Identify quality control and CRI opportunities
- Build rapport and engage with customers and subcontractors
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree, vocational training, certification from an accreditation organization, or combination of schooling and relevant work experience
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
- Prior Project Management experience
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, either by telephone, in written form, email, or in person
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to manage own time and the time of others
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people
- Knowledge of project management within heavy construction materials, means and methods, and equipment
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources
This position may require some travel.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.