Zenith Tech, Inc.
Structural Design Engineer
Zenith Tech Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Director of Engineering, the Design Engineer will be responsible for assisting in performing structural analysis and design of temporary shoring systems, cofferdams, demolition plans, critical lift plans, concrete formwork, concrete falsework, and any and all other design items required for building and rehabilitation steel and concrete bridges.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform engineering design and analysis of multiple and/or complex road, site, bridge and other miscellaneous heavy concrete projects. Assist in collecting, gathering, and interpreting engineering data and then utilize data to perform calculations and generate shop drawings.
- Use project specifications and standard/special provisions from owner to analysis and prepare engineered drawings.
- Work with operations to establish means and methods to be utilized by project staff to develop plans and shop drawings.
- In conjunction with the Project and Construction Managers, assist in solving field problems.
- Assist in responding to questions from contractors, public agencies and officials, or general public regarding policies, procedures, and practices.
- Work with project staff to assist in preparing Environmental permit documents and ensures supporting data is made available for review by permitting agencies.
- Provide layouts and drawings to project staff to assist in the coordination with utility companies for relocation of utility owned facilities.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field emphasis in structures is preferred
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- Knowledge of road and bridge design, engineering theories and principles.
- Prior experience working with computers and related software applications for bridge design.
- AutoCad knowledge is required, Mathcad, Risa, Pile buck, Civil tech are preferred
- Knowledge of common materials used in engineering projects.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, blueprints, schematics, plans and specifications.
- Ability to solve complex mathematical calculations.
- Be self-directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate organizational needs and make recommendations for implementation.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.