Zenith Tech, Inc.
Estimator- Zenith Tech, Inc. A Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Chief Estimator, the Estimator will prepare cost estimates for private, municipal, state, and federal entities. Additionally, the Estimator will support operations staff with preparation of change orders, subcontracts, and material agreements and cost analysis.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepares project estimates for the bridge division of Zenith Tech.
- Interprets plans and specifications.
- Conducts pre-estimate job site reviews.
- References and updates historical market and competitor research data for use in estimate preparation.
- Submits cost estimates to federal, state, municipal and private entities by utilizing software such as AASHTOWare and Bid Express Expedite Bid.
- Assemble purchase order and subcontractor documents.
- Attends project setup meetings.
- Collaborates with Construction Project Managers to conduct cost reviews and prepare change orders.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Project management experience in heavy civil construction a plus.
- Previous heavy civil, commercial and/or industrial estimating experience is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work individually on multiple projects with varying deadlines or in a team environment on large projects.
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- HCSS Software Knowledge HeavyBid, HeavyJob.
- Strong technical writing skills to develop content for proposals, estimates and contracts.
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, either by telephone, in written form, email or in person with the ability to conduct presentations, coordinate site visits and lead owner meetings.
This position will require travel with 1-2 nights away from home per month.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.