Construction Resources Management, Inc.
Project Manager Assistant
Project Manager Assistant- Supporting Northeast Asphalt, A Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Controller, this position is responsible for using a proactive approach to provide support to the Project Managers, Project Engineers and Area Management of Northeast Asphalt, ensuring projects are completed according to contract documents, plans, and within budget. Areas of involvement include but are not limited to, assisting & supporting all aspects of project management, bid vs. actual financial management, customer relations & basic office management.
Role and Responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, procedures, or governmental regulations
- Review advertisements in various periodicals
- Write reports and business correspondences
- Perform job set-ups, invoicing and finalizing jobs
- Calculate figures and amounts to analyze job cost and profitability
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Assist in the preparation of bids
- Communicate with external clients on follow up items and collections
- Assist with subcontractor management
- General administrative duties
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License that meets qualifications
- Word & Excel proficiency
- Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Two (2) to six (6) years of experience within a construction/engineering organization
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, either by telephone, in written form, email, or in person
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to manage own time, prioritize responsibilities, and multi-task
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment and continue to develop and grow
This position may require some local travel for training.
Full time positions may also require occasional overtime hours.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.