Payne and Dolan, Inc.
Sales Manager- Manufacturing- Payne and Dolan, Inc.- A Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Area Manufacturing Manager, the Sales Manager is responsible for generating asphalt and aggregate sales throughout Payne & Dolan while maintaining an ethical approach to securing sales and assisting in the delivery of asphalt and aggregate products.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure an ethical and safe work environment
- Understand all customer product specifications, communicate them to production and technical services in order to provide proper pricing and adhere to customer specifications
- Develop and implement a sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of product line sales goals and profitability
- Assists in preparation of proposals, bids and presentations to internal and external stakeholders as required
- Meet with production personnel to coordinate production goals to support sales demand
- Develop, implement and maintain forecasting tools for aggregate and asphalt sales for each aggregate and plant site
- Provide timely feedback to senior management team regarding sales performance
- Maintain accurate records of all pricing, sales and activity reports
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, related field or relevant experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in sales of construction materials
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish a rapport with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Strong follow through and customer service orientation with both internal and external customers
- Ability to travel locally and regionally
- Experience with Microsoft office applications to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Be self-directed and motivated
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate organizational needs, to make recommendations for implementation.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.