Premier Concrete, Inc.
Baileys Harbor, WI
Premier Concrete, Inc. - A Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of General Manager of Manufacturing, the Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall operation of various ready mix plants. Along with profit and loss responsibility, main duties will include production oversight, operational improvements, sales, and employee leadership with a strong emphasis on ethics, safety and environmental compliance. This position works closely with other manufacturing departments, along with finance, environmental, safety, technical services and human resources.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a safe and ethical work environment
- Responsible for all regulatory compliance including environmental, OSHA, MSHA, O.T., and any other federal & state regulations related to day-to-day management of employees and reducing legal risks
- Lead all ready mix personnel, including ready mix drivers and plant personnel safely and effectively
- Develop and maintain budgets, including revenue and cost control while also maintaining appropriate staff levels
- Complete budgeting for operations and capital
- Establish and achieve production targets and operating
- Oversee quality control requirements are being met including cement, aggregates, and admixtures while maintaining production levels
- Report on and analyze productivity, revolving budgets, and cost reduction
- Lead and collaborate with team regarding short and long term goal setting and execution, sales, customer service, company policy compliance, as well as staff training and development to include: certifications, wage reviews, staffing and performance evaluations
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Strong oral and written communication
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing a ready mix operation, including ancillary functions such as yard production, product delivery and mining operations
- Successful management of a large fleet of ready mix trucks and plant
- Proven understanding of OSHA/MSHA regulations
- Extensive knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Successful oversight of large groups of employees at multiple locations
- Development and implementation of a training program for drivers including techniques, truck maintenance, product delivery, ticketing, payments and customer service
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or related fields
- Experience in vertically integrated construction materials
- Active in relevant professional organizations
This position will be required to travel.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.