Payne and Dolan, Inc.
Cross Plains, WI
Scale Clerk- Payne and Dolan, Inc. A Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Credit Manager, the Scale Clerk is responsible for weighing and ticketing customer trucks for purpose of keeping accurate records at our Capital Sand and Gravel site.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Weigh and ticket incoming and outgoing truck loads
- Dispatch for external aggregate sales
- Perform general clerical duties, which include but not be limited to - answering the phones, customer service, filing, record-keeping, opening and sorting daily mail, typing and scheduling of vendors
- Provide verbal and typed quotes of aggregate products
- Handle all appropriate paperwork for the EPA by following appropriate procedures
- Provide administrative support to the Site Managers and Asphalt Plant Staff
- Process daily asphalt tickets from the platform site and provide daily product totals via email
- Handle all cash transactions, balance cash drawer, and process cash deposit slips.
- Order supplies as needed for the office
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to multi-task required
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Products
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Prior experience working with dispatching or scales
- Prior experience working in customer service and cash-handling roles preferred
- Must be self-directed and motivated
Estimated Hours of Operation: April- December 7AM-4PM
Winter 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Monday thru Friday, depending on workload
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.