Premier Concrete, Inc.
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Driver - Ready-Mix
Premier Concrete, Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Plant Supervisor, the Ready Mix Truck Driver will be responsible for transporting and unloading ready mixed concrete from batch plant to customer job sites in a safe and legal manner. Requires the ability to attach unloading extension chutes and lift weight as heavy as sixty five pounds. Also drives dump truck and operates other equipment as needed for aggregate transfer and delivery. Frequently climbing steps to enter truck and to reach top of mixer drum over 30 times a day. Perform all functions in adverse weather conditions when required (heat, cold, rain, sleet and snow) and at various construction sites where noise, dust, poor road conditions often exist. Working hours will vary and may include weekends.
Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver products in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining quality standards and specifications, including slump, air and PSI measurements for concrete delivery
- Ensure strict compliance with safety, health, environmental, employment, management, and other company policies, procedures, and principles established by government agencies and Premier Concrete.
- Participate in safety efforts including identifying and reporting unsafe conditions and/or safety policy violations, and participating in safety meetings/training.
- Conduct daily truck maintenance including, DOT daily service inspection, fueling, greasing, and cleaning mixing drum. Additional maintenance and light repairs may be required as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain high expectations of truck appearance and cleanliness, both interior and exterior in accordance with company standards
- Must be able to add various ingredients to concrete loads such as fibers, color, and admixtures, which can routinely weigh more than 60 pounds.
- Operate other related equipment effectively, such as loader, forklift, skidsteer, and other hand and power tools to support plant operations
- Support and participate in pre-cast operations at plant facilities
- Load, transport and deliver aggregates using a dump truck from various pits, quarries or sites as required by plant or customer needs
- Properly fill out and return all required paper work for customer orders and internal requirements.
- Participate in general plant and yard cleanliness and maintenance as directed by supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Possess and maintain a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A or Class B with air brake endorsement
- Possess and maintain a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) Health Card
- Must be, or able to become, knowledgeable in the " Basics" of Concrete
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions (oral and written)
- Above average communication and customer service skills
- Prefer at least one year of experience
- Physical Requirements
- The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
|Climbing||B||1||1||Going up and down ladders, stairs, and ramps.|
Using of feet and legs, and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized
|Balancing||A||5||1||Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces|
|Stooping||A||3||1||Bending body downward and forward by bending at the waist. This task is important if it occurs a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles|
|Kneeling||A||3||2||Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees|
|Crouching||A||3||2||Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine|
|Crawling||B||1||1||Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet|
|Pulling/Pushing||A||4||3||Using upper arms and shoulders to exert force in order to draw, drag, or tug objects in a sustained motion.|
|Lifting||A||2||3||Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper arms, shoulders, and back.|
|Fingering||A||2||1||Picking, pinching, typing, keyboarding, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather then whole hand or arms as in handling|
|Grasping||A||5||2||Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palms|
|Feeling||A||5||2||Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.|
|Reaching||A||5||3||Raising arms from a lower to a higher position in all planes and directions, to conduct task. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper arms, shoulders, and back muscles.|
|Standing||A||4||2||To support one self on the feet in an erect position|
|Walking||A||2||2||To move along on foot: advance by steps.|
|Handling||A||5||3||Using of hands to grasp, lift and use tools and material|
|Sitting||B||1||1||To rest on the buttocks or haunches, while using upper extremities.|
Critical How important is the item to completion of assigned responsibilities
A = essential to the job B = required, but not essential C = not required
Frequency How often does the job require the employee to demonstrate the task
1 = less then 10% of time 2 = from 11 25 % of time 3 = from 26 50 % of time
4 = from 51 75 % of time 5 = from 75 100 % of time
Intensity Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of weight to the completion of assigned responsibilities
1 = less then 10 lbs. 2 = from 10 24 lbs. 3 = from 25 49 lbs.
4 = from 50 74 lbs. 5 = from 74 99 lbs. 6 = from 100 lbs. and up
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.b
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
This position is seasonal, working in Door and Kewaunee Counties, based out of offices in Sturgeon Bay or Baileys Harbor, WI. www.premierconcreteinc.com
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.