We are also hiring for other Business Operations Support positions including:
- Executive Assistant (Waukesha, WI)
- Project Assistant (Waukesha, WI)
- Aggregate Sales Dispatcher (Madison, WI)
- Aggregate Sales Dispatcher (Green Bay, WI)
Payne + Dolan Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Waukesha and Racine, WI
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne + Dolan of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Construction Scheduler and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Logistics Manager and Area Management team, the Construction Scheduler will be responsible for producing, managing, and communicating daily construction schedules to ensure projects run efficiently.
Role and Responsibilities
- Generate a daily schedule communicating the next day's work in grading, paving, and milling
- Utilize HCSS Dispatcher to execute and manage the equipment schedule necessary to communicate with Dispatcher
- Manage truck counts using trucking matrix
- Forecast specialty equipment (i.e. shuttle buggy, excavators, shouldering machines) to reduce potential conflicts
- Update, edit, and maintain a 10 day rolling schedule as changes occur via project manager
- Coordinate with fellow schedulers for the most efficient use of crews and equipment
- Work with plant managers to schedule plants efficiently
- Conduct/Lead Weekly Scheduling Meeting for individual areas, and as needed for the Global Meeting.
- Input the milling requests by project managers into Long Range Milling Schedule
- Assist superintendents with request off forms
- Maintain open lines of communication with all levels of management to ensure customer satisfaction in regard to crew availability and scheduling
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays. We are big fans of our "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company-paid short-and long-term disability with company contribution, paid parental leave, profit sharing, and a robust Walbec training program.
This position will split time between our Waukesha and Racine office, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel is required.
- College/Vocational school preferred; high school diploma or equivalent necessary
- 1-2 years of road construction experience
- Ability to multi-task required
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Products
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Prior experience working with construction
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Must be self-directed and motivated
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Team player as this position interacts with all areas of the business, and outside customer groups
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members drive innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative and exciting projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!