We are also hiring for other Heavy Highway Construction positions including:
- Operator in Milling Equipment (Waukesha, WI)
- Experienced Operator in Milling Equipment (Waukesha, WI)
- Experienced Asphalt Paving Operator (Racine, WI)
- Operator in Grading Equipment (Waukesha, WI)
Flagger/Traffic Control Regulator
Flagger/Traffic Control Regulator
Payne + Dolan Inc., A Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne + Dolan Inc., of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Flagger and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020, 2021 and 2022 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com/projects
- Proud partner of the Green Bay Packers
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Flagger will be responsible for performing traffic control duties and maintaining safe work zones in accordance with all government and company safety regulations and procedures.
- Projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- Physical ability to work in extreme weather conditions and cope with temperature and other environmental extremes in a moving highway work zone.
- Ability to stand for long periods of times and remain attentive to traffic conditions and other factors affecting safety and production.
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations. .
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs traffic control and flagging activities as needed: follows safety rules and regulations on all work zones and flagging sites, including monitoring signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices; specific flagging duties may vary according to job assignment and environments.
- Utilize radio or other forms of communication to relay traffic signals to work crew and other regulators.
- Lift, carry and place traffic cones to ensure the safety of the work zone. Lifting may be up to 50 lbs.
- Provides customer service
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!