We are also hiring for other Engineering & Surveying positions including:
- Professional Civil Engineer (Appleton, WI)
- Professional Land Surveyor (Gladstone, MI)
- Professional Land Surveyor (Appleton, WI)
- Survey Crew Chief (Appleton, WI)
Survey Crew Chief
Payne & Dolan, Inc. - Engineering and Surveying Group - a Walbec Group Company
Waukesha, WI, Racine, WI or Janesville, WI
Do you enjoy working on a wide variety of private development site civil design and land surveying projects? Are you someone who is ready to put your stamp on the future of community growth and development? Our professional services teams enjoy the stability and benefits of working within a larger family of companies, while contributing their knowledge and professional expertise into solving our client's unique challenges.
Payne + Dolan is currently seeking a Survey Crew Chief in Southeast Wisconsin. Come be a part of our industry leading, full service civil engineering and land surveying group and see why we were named Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager and Survey Project Managers, the Survey Crew Chief will perform various land surveying functions on projects throughout Wisconsin.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate land surveying tools (GNSS & Robotic Total Station)
- Completing PLSS & Property Research for Land Surveying Activities
- Performing various types of land surveys, such as boundary surveys, topographical surveys and construction surveying, including layout staking and structure layouts
- Comprehension and ability to read construction plans
- Collecting and Processing Digital Field Data
- Drafting boundary, topographic & utility surveys in AutoCAD Civil3D
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
This position is located at Payne & Dolan's Waukesha, WI office, with the expected work to occur throughout Wisconsin. Regular travel is required.
- Minimum two-year Associate's Degree in Surveying, Civil Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a land survey crew chief.
- Certified Survey Technician Level 1 Preferred
- Strong communication and time-management skills are required.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Experience in AutoCAD and Civil 3D a plus
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!