Green Bay, WI
$22 - $25 per hour
We are also hiring for other Business Operations Support positions including:
- Executive Assistant (Waukesha, WI)
- Project Assistant (Waukesha, WI)
- Construction Scheduler (Waukesha, WI)
- Aggregate Sales Dispatcher (Madison, WI)
Aggregate Sales Dispatcher
Aggregate Sales Dispatcher
Northeast Asphalt -A Walbec Group Company
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Northeast Asphalt, of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come use your related experience and join us as an Aggregate Sales Dispatcher and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency that has made us an industry leading company in heavy and highway construction
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Multi-year Milwaukee Business Journal Best Place to Work honoree and a Best Place to Work by Employ Humanity.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for an Aggregate Sales Dispatcher Driver to organize customer orders and dispatch trucks for aggregate sales as it pertains to various aggregate sites
Role and Responsibilities:
- Take aggregate orders and handle customer inquiries regarding products for various sites
- Answer phones and route calls in support of commercial aggregate sales and operations
- Call to reserve hired trucks and dispatch hired trucks daily and adjust based on customer needs
- Forecast trucking needs based on sales orders and aggregate needs, communicate daily with construction schedulers
- Follow up on dispatched loads to ensure they were delivered correctly
- Reconcile, correct, and upload aggregate tickets for commercial aggregate sites
- Generate, communicate, and route sales orders as needed for deliveries
- Verify customer credit status prior to sending deliveries
- Draft and send quotes to Sales Manager
- Follow up on Sales Quote Statuses
- Operate truck scales at various facilities to weigh and ticket incoming and outgoing truck loads, when needed
- Print tickets and handle customer issues during sale process
- Communicate with site personal on inventory, safety, site routes
- Monitor Incoming fill and maintain approved dumpers list
- Track and record haul rates and fuel impact
- Data entry of projections/actuals/current inventory for sales tracking
- Coordinate asphalt plant material needs with asphalt plant managers and technical services
- Work with NEA Logistics Supervisor to assist in scheduling and ensure the most efficient transport of heavy equipment moves for asphalt/aggregate sites.
- Monitor and manage the trucking vendors utilized in the area to improve the quality, safety, efficiency of material transportation, and verify truck routes
- Provide support to Company field/plant/aggregate supervisors
- Perform other duties as required
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
- We have the usual suspects like Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium Medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD), 401k & Profit Sharing with generous company contributions and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Northeast Asphalt is located primarily in Northeastern Wisconsin, and this position will be in the Green Bay area.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to multi-task required
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Strong computer skills, especially with Office programs, and the ability to learn proprietary systems as well
- Some Post-secondary education, such as Technical or Vocational training related to logistics or construction management methods is preferred
- Experience scheduling and training, preferably in a construction related environment
- Prior experience working with dispatching or scales
- Better than average communication skills and the ability to interact in person and by other means with different personality types, positions, and persons inside and outside the company
- Work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of construction terms and a good understanding of Northeastern and Central Wisconsin geography.
- A good attitude and the ability to work with others, even under pressure, while remaining professional and always acting ethically.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to change.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments when scaling
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals
- A strong Safety-First culture
- Be part of the support team that helps build innovative, exciting projects throughout the local area and the state
- Family-oriented, supportive environment
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!