We are also hiring for other Construction Management positions including:
P+D Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? P+D Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Paving Supervisor and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 & 2021 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the operation manager, the paving supervisor is responsible for efficient paving personnel scheduling, overseeing grading equipment needs and repair, and reinforcement of continuous quality improvement.
Manage the daily paving operations
Lead employees on proper safety procedures
Partner with the Area Manager and HR Business Partner on personnel issues as well as hiring of field crew personnel
Coordinate equipment and pre-job planning to ensure appropriate equipment allocation on the job site
Troubleshoot and correct laydown problems, mat blemishes, screed adjustments, etc.
Possess understanding of and coordinate with quality control and technical services on resolving issues regarding mix or density properties in the field
Possess a strong understanding of Wisconsin, state DOT specifications for HMA, Safety and CMV operation
Act as a consultant for area management and purchasing on paving equipment acquisitions
Foster relationships with external and internal customers by portraying leadership and professionalism, at all times
Assist in the training of foremen, project managers and field crew personnel
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Projects will vary by location throughout the Southeast WI local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- High degree of ethical standards in personal and business conduct
- Self-directed and motivated; able to manage multiple conflicting and changing priorities
- Minimum of 10 years of experience at the field level, laying and finishing HMA
- Prior experience as a Foreman
- Excellent verbal and written communication, consulting, conflict management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Valid Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record
- Working knowledge of CMV guidelines and regulations
- Trustworthy and discrete with confidential information
- Adherence to anti-trust laws and regulations
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!