We are also hiring for other Asphalt & Concrete Production positions including:
Asphalt Plant Helper/Operator
Asphalt Plant Helper/Operator
Payne + Dolan -A Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne + Dolan of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come use your prior manufacturing or industrial experience and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency that has made us an industry leading company in heavy and highway construction
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
We're looking for Asphalt Plant Helper/Operators to work in our Asphalt Manufacturing plants. Under the direction of the Foreman, the Plant Helper will help operate, maintain, and repair the equipment used to produce asphalt mix for our paving operations while learning how to operate several types of related construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work site and clean up around plant including shoveling and skid steer operation
- Learning basic asphalt plant operation requirements and loader operation
- Confined space entering and monitoring
- Cutting, fabricating, welding and assistance with repairs as needed
- Load out of trucks for material distribution (computer operations)
- Quality assurance monitoring to include climbing in trucks for periodic sampling and verifying temperatures
- Carrying tools & supplies and assisting operators in their daily requirements
- Maintenance and shoveling on top of silos
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided through our partnership with our skilled trade unions. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- Payne + Dolan Michigan is located primarily in the U.P. and Northern portions of the Lower Peninsula. This position is supporting Asphalt Plant operations in the Sault Ste. Marie and Gaylord areas as needed, so reliable transportation and a willingness to travel is required.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Must be punctual and dependable
- A CDL is desired but not necessary
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
- Able to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed
- Some welding, fabrication and repair experience is preferred
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments, including heights over 50'
- Member of the appropriate trade union or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership may not be required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is able to assist in that process as needed
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state
- Family-oriented, supportive culture
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!