We are also hiring for other Engineering & Surveying positions including:
Staff Civil Engineer
Payne + Dolan Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Do you enjoy working on a wide variety of private development site civil design and land surveying projects? Are you someone who is ready to put your stamp on the future of community growth and development? Our professional services teams enjoy the stability and benefits of working within a larger family of companies, while contributing their knowledge and professional expertise into solving our client's unique challenges.
Payne + Dolan is currently seeking a Staff Civil Engineer in Gladstone, MI. Come be a part of our industry leading, full service civil engineering and land surveying group and see why we were named a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Staff Civil Engineer will perform civil engineering design, plan production and construction inspection tasks on a wide range of Site Civil, Land Development and Public infrastructure projects.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve in a production capacity for both design and construction oversight of infrastructure and land development projects
- Develop detail site development drawings in conjunction with senior professional engineers
- Enforce project-specific standards and observe construction activities to ensure conformance with the project plans and specifications.
- Perform engineering and design functions as necessary to meet project schedules
- Perform site reviews and construction site visits
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
The position will be based out of one of our Upper Peninsula of Michigan offices, with extensive travel throughout the country on a seasonal basis anticipated.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- No experience required
- Engineer in Training professional designation from NCEES preferred
- Must be a reliable, efficient self-starter with initiative and a sense of responsibility
- Prior internship experience in Heavy civil design, commercial & residential site planning/site development, storm water or erosion control design desired
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D software
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, by telephone, in written form, email and in person
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records and field notes
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!