We are also hiring for other Craft & Skilled Trades positions including:
Dedicated Loadout Operator
Dedicated Loadout Operator
Northeast Asphalt, Inc. -A Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Northeast Asphalt, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Dedicated Loadout Operator and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency that has made us an industry leading company in heavy and highway construction
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2022 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Heavy Equipment Operator working as part of quarry operations to provide onsite load-out of finished product. Responsible for operating several types of construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, loaders, skid steers, water trucks, man lifts, pumps, generators, or other pieces of equipment as needed.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Operate equipment in a safe and productive manner.
- Perform daily routine maintenance and inspections of onsite equipment.
- Monitor onsite pumps and dewatering equipment
- Communicate plant site issues with the Mine Management while performing daily inspections of the plant site.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work site including shoveling and skid steer operation
- Have a professional and courteous attitude and provide a good customer service environment
- Follow all proper safety procedures, including incident reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided through our partnership with Operator's Local 139. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- This position will be a dedicated Operator in a specific site in our Northeastern WI areas in the greater Green Bay area, but may also temporarily assist with other NE WI locations, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to other local job sites is required as needed.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Advanced loader experience in a mine environment
- Knowledge of MSHA regulations and the desire to follow all applicable company polices and laws
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively with minimal oversight
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
- Able to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed
- Some welding, fabrication and repair experience is preferred
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments
- Member of the appropriate trade union or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership may not be required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is able to assist in that process as needed
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals
- Family-oriented, supportive culture
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!