Union Scale - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Heavy Highway Construction positions including:
Road Grader Operator
Road Grader Operator
Payne & Dolan, Inc. -A Walbec Group Company
Washington County, Wisconsin
This position is eligible for an incredible sign-on bonus of $1000 paid at hire and $1000 paid after 13 weeks of work!
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne & Dolan, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come use your experience as a Road Grader Operator and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency that has made us an industry leading company in heavy and highway construction
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2021 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Road Grader Operator to work in our Grading department. Under the direction of the Foreman, the Operator will be responsible for operating several types of related grading construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Use machinery to move construction materials, earth and other heavy materials at construction sites
- Operate equipment that clears and grades land to prepare it for construction of roads. Work with one or several types of power construction equipment in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury and property damage
- Able to read and understand grade stakes, automated machine control cab displays, etc.
- Depending on assignment, able to make rough grade, finish grade as needed.
- Depending on assignment, able to safely maneuver machinery in tight quarters, around people, traffic and utilities
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed
- Assist with repairs as needed
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided through our partnership with Operator's Local 139. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- The location is primarily around Washington County. WI but projects will vary by location throughout the local area or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- A CDL is desired but not necessary
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Have the ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments
- Member of the appropriate trade union or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership may not be required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is able to assist in that process as needed
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state
- Family-oriented, supportive culture
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!