We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
Payne + Dolan, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? The Engineering and Surveying Group of Payne + Dolan Inc. has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Professional Engineer and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 & 2021 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Professional Engineer will complete a wide range of design tasks for Site Civil, Land Development and Public infrastructure projects.
Payne & Dolan is looking for a self-motivated, results-oriented, problem-solver who has a desire to be part of our growing engineering and land surveying practice. The candidate should be proficient in the following roles and ready to take on the following responsibilities.
- Serve as project civil engineer ensuring that the technical aspects of the project meet quality expectations while complementing the design intent.
- Collaborate with other civil engineers, design professionals and permitting specialists as well as architects and building engineers.
- Produce civil engineering designs, including preparing project plans and specifications for a wide range of public and private infrastructure projects.
- Produce plans, details and specifications for all aspects of civil engineering including grading and drainage, stormwater management, underground utilities, retaining walls, roads and other site related features.
- Perform site reviews, construction site visits, and coordinate all aspects of construction administration.
- Communicate with clients, sub-consultants, contractors, all government levels of regulatory agencies regarding engineering, permitting and site development issues.
- Participate in the recruitment and interviewing process as requested.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
Position is located in our Greenville, WI office, with regular travel within the state and occasional travel to national client project sites.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing a wide variety of heavy civil projects, including commercial & residential site development and heavy highway transportation project.
- Experience with implementing green infrastructure into an array of heavy civil projects.
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil3D and design competency in the areas of grading, drainage, erosion control, sanitary sewer, water main and storm sewer.
- Experience with municipal requirements and regulatory agency permitting.
- Must be a reliable, efficient self-starter with initiative and a sense of responsibility
- Ability to communicate with others to convey information effectively, by telephone, in written form, email and in person
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records and field notes, and prepare and present detailed written and verbal reports and presentations.
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standard
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!