Union Rate - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Heavy Highway Construction positions including:
Sign-On Bonus Available
Payne & Dolan, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
This position is eligible for an incredible sign-on bonus of $1,000 paid at hire and $1,000 paid after 13 weeks of work!
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne & Dolan, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Lowboy Driver and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2021 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Lowboy Driver responsible for driving a tractor and trailer (lowboy or flat) to job sites to locate and relocate heavy equipment and materials that will be used in building, repairing and paving of roads.
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- Payne & Dolan, Inc. is located primarily in the Waukesha area, but projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Minimum two (2) years of related tractor/trailer driving experience hauling large machinery and material loads
- Valid Class A CDL w/ "N" endorsement, current Federal Medical card and satisfactory driving record
- Experience with various types of heavy equipment (preferred)
- Some mechanical aptitude, training and/or experience (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work well with others and a working knowledge of all FMCSA regulatory rules.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Have the ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- Member of the appropriate trade union or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership may not be required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is able to assist in that process as needed.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union(s).
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!