We are also hiring for other Safety Management positions including:
- Transportation Safety Manager (Waukesha, WI)
Safety Manager - Madison
Construction Resources Management Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Construction Resources Management Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Safety Manager and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2021 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Safety Director, the Safety Manager will be a leader in the deployment of continuous improvement within programs and systems that support health and safety excellence with in our Walbec Group family of companies.
- Foster a culture of proactivity, accountability, engagement and sustainability with the primary goal of reducing loss and liability
- Develop and implement a safety-oriented strategy across the region
- Develop specific environmental, health and safety objectives and create action plans to meet those objectives
- Develop strong trusting relationships employees, leadership and subcontractors
- Ensure all EHS programs are in compliance with all Local, State & Federal MSHA/OSHA regulations, along with company safety policies & requirements
- Conduct safety orientation for all new hire employees
- Train employees on site specific hazards, fall protection, aerial lifts and conducts tool box talks and training
- Conduct and document safety audits and provide corrective action as applicable
- Conduct accident and near miss investigations
- Provide Safety Policy guidance and interpretation
- Prepare, review, and update Job Safety Analysis
- Maintain current and accurate SDS files for all materials on our sites
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- This position will support all locations in the surrounding area of Madison, WI. Projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Health and Safety or equivalent
- At least five (5) years of directly related experience as a safety professional in a mine or heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- OSHA 500 certification
- MSHA approved trainer with knowledge of Part 46 and Part 48
- First Aid/CPR certified
- Valid Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record
- Experience as a Miner and/or experience working at surface mines and/or surface areas of underground mines
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA and MSHA regulations, specifically OSHA 1910 and 1926, as well as MSHA Title 30CFR
- Knowledge of PPE, HAZCOM, Confined Space, and Fall Protection procedures
- Strong verbal, analytical and persuasive skills
- Must have exceptional skills in building interpersonal relationships, including a high degree of judgment, diplomacy and ability to influence others
- Ability to drive decision making process to conclusions/solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication, consulting, conflict management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Self-directed and motivated
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS) or Traffic Control Technician (TCT)
- ARTBA Safety Certification for Transportation Project Professionals (SCTPP)
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!