We are also hiring for other Construction Materials Management positions including:
Quarry Operations Manager
Payne and Dolan Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Franklin Quarry (Only location, Franklin, WI)
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne and Dolan Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Quarry Operations Manager and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Quarry Operations Manager responsible for:
- Managing one of the largest commercial quarries in SE WI
- Work with land resource department to develop short and long term site operations plans detailing the most advisable and economical direction to mine a particular site, including the location of berms, overburden stockpiles, bench utilization, plant sites, haul roads, wash ponds, etc.
- Direct & support site foreman on planning and implementation of the operations plans.
- Coordinate completion of necessary site work including stripping and overburden management.
- Ensure professional appearance and aesthetics of site(s) at all times.
- Supervise and coordinate with drilling and blasting supervisor for all drilling and blasting needs for the site.
- Review and approve invoices, assign costs to proper sites or jobs.
- Manage subcontractors when performing work on site(s).
- Prepare monthly production inventory booking in accordance with budget and monthly inventory reconciliation to ensure accuracy.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- One quarry in Franklin, WI
- Three (3) or more years of experience in crushing and washing production and quarry management in the aggregate and or mining industry.
- Experience with all aspects of quarry management including permitting, earthmoving, crushing and washing production, load out and subcontractor management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a team player
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!