We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
Professional Land Surveyor
Payne & Dolan, Inc. - Engineering and Surveying Group - a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? The Engineering and Surveying Group of Payne & Dolan has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Professional Land Surveyor and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Professional Land Surveyor will perform various land surveying functions on projects throughout Michigan.
Payne & Dolan is looking for a self-motivated, results-oriented, problem-solver who has a desire to be part of our growing land surveying practice. The candidate should be proficient in the following roles and responsibilities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacting with clients and co-workers to determine surveying scope of services and assisting in fee estimate and proposal generation.
- Researching public records to determine existing property boundaries, easements and other property related land surveying information.
- Performing various types of land surveys, such as boundary surveys, topographical surveys and construction surveying, including layout and structure staking.
- Drafting land division instruments and survey basemaps using AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Creating and recreating proposed surfaces for construction layout purposes.
- Work with Project Managers and Project Engineers to understand project instructions and responsibilities, scope of work, scheduling and budget.
- Coordinate project requirements (tasks, duties, budgets, schedules, etc.) with team members and provide assistance to complete required tasks.
- Mentor and develop survey field staff with registration in mind.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Wisconsin, Michigan or Illinois Professional Land Surveyors license.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a land surveying crew chief.
- Land division and boundary resolution experience.
- Must be a reliable, efficient self-starter with initiative and a sense of responsibility.
- Strong communication and time-management skills are required.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving recordPosition is located in either Greenville, WI or Waukesha, WI, with extensive travel anticipated.
- We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!Apply Now