Green Bay, WI
We are also hiring for other Construction Materials Management positions including:
Asphalt Plant Manager
Northeast Asphalt Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Northeast Asphalt Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as an Asphalt Plant Manager and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for an Asphalt Plant Manager responsible for:
- Work with all manufacturing departments to ensure materials meet specifications and shipping/load out time frames.
- Prepare asphalt plant budgets, production costs and oversee the production throughout the construction season.
- Work with Plant Managers, Project Managers, Schedulers, and FOB customers to coordinate daily plant personnel/staffing needs.
- Review schedule for issues, including overscheduling of tons, mix types, crews etc.
- Analyze equipment usage and needs, research and makes recommendations on new equipment to be purchased.
- Work with aggregate site manager to coordinate production needs and schedule to ensure adequate supply.
- Work with land resource department to procure/maintain permits for asphalt plant operation (both permanent and private).
- Ensure professional appearance and aesthetics of plant(s) at all times.
- Review and approve invoices, assign costs to proper plants or jobs.
- Manage subcontractors when performing work at plant(s) in coordination with site manager and plant maintenance.
- Assist in perpetual review, improvement and implementation of CQI procedures and processes.
- Provide leadership and be a safety role model by promoting and enforcing safe work habits.
- Work closely with aggregate/asphalt sales to ensure product availability and specification.
- Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- 4-5 years or more years of experience in asphalt industry.
- Knowledge of all aspects of day-to-day operations for asphalt production including safety, budgeting, production, costs, repairs, maintenance, specifications, and quality control.
- Must be safety oriented including detailed knowledge of the OSHA/MSHA regulations, compliance and inspection process required.
- Knowledge of asphalt plant and rolling stock equipment repair & preventative maintenance.
- Experience with all aspects of plant management including permitting, crushing and washing production, load out and subcontractor management.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!