We are also hiring for other Construction Materials Management positions including:
Construction Equipment Manager
Construction Equipment Manager
Zenith Tech, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as an Construction Equipment Manager and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Area Manager, the Construction Equipment Manager will be responsible for the deployment, oversight, and lifecycle management of all of Zenith Tech's equipment and rentals from power drills to large cranes.
Role and Responsibilities
- Schedule and facilitate mobilization of large equipment in conjunction with operations management team to construction projects around the Upper-Midwest.
- Manage and oversee small tools by tracking, assessing construction foremen needs, and purchasing new assets.
- Thoroughly vet all rental needs; negotiating the price and coordinating with third party rental houses.
- Maximize reliability and value through optimizing lifecycles, repairs, and overhauls with their respective maintenance shop managers.
- Audit equipment performance and field reporting at regular intervals.
- Gather stakeholder input to develop and implement capital expenditure budgets.
- Monitor equipment group financial health and establish equipment rates with Area Manager.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- 10+ years of fleet management/heavy-construction equipment related experience
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
- Several years' experience in a supervisory role.
- Strong computer knowledge and math skills (HCSS Equipment 360/Dispatcher knowledge a plus).
- The ability to multi-task while remaining organized and on schedule.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills within all levels of an organization.
- Ability to motivate others through demonstrating a positive and productive attitude.
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!