We are also hiring for other Business Operations Support positions including:
Construction Resources Management, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Construction Resources Managemengt, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Payroll Manager and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry. The Company:
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for all daily payroll functions for Walbec's complex, multi-company payroll system ensuring all deadlines are met and payroll is processed accurately and efficiently. This position will provide leadership and will optimize efficiency by continuously reviewing processes, and devising strategies for improvement within the Department and aligning the department goals with the strategic plans of the company.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for reviewing and optimizing the accurate operation of the Payroll Department including:
- Continuous improvement and refinement of processes and audit procedures,
- Implementation of a new enterprise software platform,
- Field Reporting Systems,
- Time Report analysis,
- Payroll processing functions,
- Responsible for hiring, training and managing the Payroll Department,
- Responsible for employee development and coaching within the Payroll Department,
- Analyze union contracts for all unions,
- File federal and state taxes on a weekly basis,
- Responsible for weekly & monthly projects for upper management,
- Ensure accurate audit checks are in place for the department,
- All other duties as assigned by Management.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience managing a Payroll department, preferably in a union and / prevailing wage environment,
- Process Improvement and change management experience are essential,
- Coaching and employee development experience,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Superior interpersonal, verbal/written skills and presentation skills essential,
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office,
- Familiarity state and federal payroll regulations required.
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!