We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
Payne + Dolan, Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? The Surveying and Engineering division of Payne + Dolan, Inc. has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Engineering Technician and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Engineering Technician will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience working alongside established team members that are passionate about the heavy civil industry.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve in a production capacity for both design and construction oversight of infrastructure and land development projects
- Develop detailed site development drawings in conjunction with senior professional engineers
- Enforce project-specific standards and observe construction activities to ensure conformance with the project plans and specifications.
- Perform site reviews and construction site visits
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Associate's degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Land Surveying preferred
- Must be a reliable, efficient self-starter with initiative and a sense of responsibility
- Prior experience in Heavy civil design, commercial & residential site planning/site development, storm water or erosion control design desired
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D software
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, by telephone, in written form, email and in person
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records and field notes
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!