We are also hiring for other Construction Materials Management positions including:
Construction Material Production Manager
Payne and Dolan Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne and Dolan Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Construction Material Production Manager and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Construction Material Production Manager responsible for:
- Oversee the production (crushing and washing) throughout the construction season for various portable plants
- Prepare Crushing and Washing Budgets
- Work with all manufacturing departments to ensure materials meet specifications and shipping/load out time frames
- Work with foreman in the day-to-day operations of aggregate production
- Review and monitor production costs regularly to maintain efficiency and identify ways to increase production efficiency and lower costs
- Schedule, approve, and monitor all routine, preventative, and emergency equipment repair projects and costs
- Maintain, assist, and develop layouts and plans of crushing and wash plants, detailing plant layouts, material flows, screen sizes, products and TPH for quarry sites and products
- Analyze equipment usage and needs, research and makes recommendations on new equipment to be purchased
- Work with asphalt plant and aggregate site managers to coordinate production needs and schedule
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in crushing and washing production and quarry management in the aggregate and or mining industry.
- Knowledge of all aspects of day-to-day operations for aggregate production including safety, budgeting, production, costs, repairs, maintenance, specifications, and quality control.
- Must be safety oriented including detailed knowledge of the Mine Safety & Health Administration safety regulations, compliance and inspection process required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!