We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
Zenith Tech Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a construction manager and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Construction Manager responsible for:
- Operational Planning & Management
- Work as a partnership with the Project Manager (mutually accountable to each other).
- Lead the field team consisting of Tradespeople, Foreman and Subcontractors.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Review of plans and construction drawings.
- Order and schedule deliveries of material.
- Coordinate and monitor subcontractors that impact ZTI's work.
- Create and maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating appropriately with clients, sub-contractors, co-workers, and management.
- Mentor Foremen and Project Engineers for personal and company growth
- Accountable to Foreman/Lead Foreman in the areas of safety, information & planning, personnel, materials, tools & equipment and environment.
- Schedule Management
- Equipment Management
- Material & Tool Management
- Personnel Management
- Risk Management
- Cost, Productivity and Quality Management
- Ultimately responsible for Labor & Equipment costs.
- Assist in Job Procurement/ Estimating/Pre-Job Planning
- Ensure that quality of work put in place meets company and client expectations.
- Perform additional duties as directed by supervisor.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- Ten years of Foreman experience or / 5 years of Superintendent/Construction Manager experience.
- Technical/Secondary education in applicable field is preferable.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal (facilitation, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills.
- Good understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!