$16.00 - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Equipment & Repair positions including:
Heavy Equipment Detailer
Heavy Equipment Detailer
Payne & Dolan, Inc. -A Walbec Group Company
This position is eligible for an incredible sign-on bonus of $500 paid at hire and $500 paid after 90 days of employment!
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne & Dolan, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come use your experience as a Heavy Equipment Detailer and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency that has made us an industry leading company in heavy and highway construction
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers
We're looking for a Heavy Equipment Detailer to work in our Waukesha, WI maintenance and repair facility. Under the direction of the Shop Foreman, the Heavy Equipment Detailer will be responsible for washing and cleaning vehicles, equipment, and machinery.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Clean machines and shop areas as necessary.
- Scrub, scrape, or spray machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, insecticides, acid, abrasives, vacuums, or hoses.
- Mix cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, or other compounds, according to formulas.
- Rinse objects and surfaces and dry them using drying racks, a cloth, squeegee or air compressor.
- Maintain tools, equipment and shop area for the purpose of ensuring safety.
- Clean-up and maintain cleanliness in shop area(s).
- Maintain recycling equipment.
- Assist in mechanical repairs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
- We have the usual suspects like Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium Medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD), 401k & Profit Sharing with generous company contributions and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- This position works as part of the staff in our Waukesha, WI maintenance & repair facility.
- A valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Ability to stand and climb on equipment for long periods of time, on a regular basis
- Adaptable to new equipment and a willingness to learn and be trained
- Must be a motivated, positive, punctual and dependable self-starter with good communication skills
- Ability to tolerate and work in a typical heavy shop environment (dusty, dirty) as part of a large team
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals
- A strong Safety-First culture
- Be part of the support team that helps build innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state
- Family-oriented, supportive environment
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!