Salary - Salary
We are also hiring for other Quality Control & Environmental Compliance positions including:
Quality Control Team Leader
Quality Control Team Leader
Payne & Dolan Inc., A Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne & Dolan Inc., of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Quality Control Team Leader and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Quality Control Team Leader responsible for effectively managing, coaching, and developing a team of field quality control technicians while ensuring continuous compliance to quality standards and specifications, minimization of risk and compliance with organizational policies, procedures, and ethical standards.
Some of the job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all team members are properly trained, certified, supervised, coached and equipped to perform their job responsibilities while ensuring their personal safety.
- Guarantee adherence with the requirements of the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Schedule team members based on customer needs, clearly communicating the expectations of the tasks to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Foster an environment that helps individuals perform effectively and productively by providing feedback, providing necessary resources, problem solving, and communicating openly and effectively.
- Verify required testing is 100% complete and facilitate the distribution of results to customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Analyze results for trends and make proactive process adjustments to minimize failures and organizational risk.
- Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, EAP and PTO, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in inspection and testing of road and paving materials and construction; satisfactorily directed testing or inspection services, or both, of road and paving materials is acceptable.
- Holds or is qualified for a current WisDOT HMA'TPC (WI), IDOT - HMA II (IL), or MDOT (MI) certification.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to effectively train, evaluate and communicate with others.
- Proven ability to oversee multiple and/or complex projects simultaneously.
- Must be proficient with computers, the Microsoft suite of programs, and an understanding of current technology trends
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as needed.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, specifications and procedures of the industry.
- Certifications from WI, IL, and MI, as necessary, for testing aggregate, asphalt, and concrete.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!Apply Now