We are also hiring for other Business Operations Support positions including:
HR Business Partner
Construction Resources Management Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you ready to explore an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Construction Resources Management Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as an HR Business Partner and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for an HR Business Partner to be responsible for:
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of federal & state legal regulations related to the management of employees; collaborate with various other internal departments as needed for compliance
- Recruit and hire; onboard; conduct new-employee orientations
- Handle employee relations and exit interviews
- Conduct investigations
- Provide guidance to business unit management (coaching, counseling, career development, performance management)
- Demonstrate and foster company core values
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Work with union organizations for workforce and apprenticeship opportunities
- Assist with coordination of special recruiting, training and community outreach events
- Partner with various agencies to meet and exceed affirmative action contract goals
- Maintain Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records
- Compile and analyze HR reports from various databases
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in Human Resources or related experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License and driving record that meets insurance requirements
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication, consulting, conflict management and interpersonal skills
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!