We are also hiring for other Construction Materials Management positions including:
Machine Control GPS Specialist
Payne and Dolan Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne and Dolan Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Machine Control GPS Specialist and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Machine Control GPS Specialist responsible for:
- Create 3D digital terrain models based on the project documents for use in automated machine control grading equipment and GPS rovers.
- Verify the presence and accuracy of survey control information and perform site calibrations.
- Coordinate machine control system installations, GPS systems, robotic instruments and data collectors; schedule unanticipated repairs, routine maintenance activities and software upgrades.
- Performing construction surveying, including layout staking and structure layouts.
- Develop and maintain company standards for AMG to ensure conformance with the project plans and specifications.
- Perform drone flights for earthwork quantity reporting and stockpile inventories
- Assist with earthwork take-offs and work planning for heavy civil infrastructure projects.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Must be a reliable, efficient self-starter with initiative and a sense of responsibility
- Prior internship experience in Heavy civil design, commercial & residential site planning/site development, storm water or erosion control design desired
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, by telephone, in written form, email and in person
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records and field notes
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standards
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!