Union Rate - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Craft & Skilled Trades positions including:
Zenith Tech Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Foreman and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction. The Company:
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Grading Foreman responsible for accurate reporting of materials, equipment, and hours of work as well as the management and safety of the personnel on his/her crew and the safety of the public, and ensuring regulatory and safety measures are maintained. Responsible for checking line and grade, able to properly utilize equipment to accomplish tasks involving grade, slope, yield. Operate a variety of power equipment and use other machinery as needed. Perform other duties as assigned under the direction of the Construction Manager or other management.
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits and compensation provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- Projects will vary by location, so reliable transportation and a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- A CDL is desired but not necessary for hire. However, a Class A CDL must be obtained after 1 year of employment, paid for by the company.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Able to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- Member of a local trade union, or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership is not required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is available to assist in that process as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience in the construction trade, and 2-4 years of experience in a sub-foreman or leadership role.
- Ability to manage own time, and time of other construction industry personnel efficiently
- Ability to motivate, develop, direct, and lead a team.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!