We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
Payne and Dolan Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Payne and Dolan Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Project Manager and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Project Manager responsible for:
Managing construction projects of various sizes and complexities from pre-construction to project closeout
Understanding Project Management process and tools including: project scheduling, financial reporting and budget management, project communications plan, contracts, BIM tools, and other project related processes
Manage all financial aspect of projects
listening to client and subcontractor concerns, identify issues and react accordingly
Provide conceptual information to groups to illustrate ideas and concepts
Facilitate and lead productive/effective meetings
Problem solving, understand the root cause of problems, develop solutions, and follow through implementation
Comprehend complex concepts of a project and manage for success
- Overnight travel 3-4 days per week
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- This position with Payne and Dolan is located primarily in Appleton, WI, but projects will vary by location throughout the local area, or the state, so reliable transportation and/or a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or applicable equivalent training/experience preferred
1-5 years' experience in renewable energies, foundations, bridge work, or heavy civil construction
Industrial/commercial project management experience preferred
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Must be punctual and dependable
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state
- Family-oriented, supportive culture
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!