Sturgeon Bay, WI
$11.25 - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Asphalt & Concrete Production positions including:
Premier Concrete, Inc. -A Walbec Group Company
Door County, WI
Are you looking for an exciting career in construction? Premier Concrete, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work as a Scale Clerk and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency that has made us an industry leading company in heavy and highway construction
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Scale Clerk to weigh and ticket customer trucks for the purpose of keeping accurate records at our Aggregate facilities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Weigh and ticket incoming and outgoing truck loads
- Print tickets and handle customers during sale process
- Perform general clerical duties, which include but not be limited to - answering the phones, customer service, filing or other light record keeping as required
- Provide administrative support to the Site Managers and quarry staff
- Handle all cash transactions and process cash deposit slips.
- Maintain the scale shack appropriately and order supplies as needed for the scale shack
- Administer site-specific training or information as needed
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
- We have the usual suspects like Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium Medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), 401k & Profit Sharing with generous company contributions and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Premier Concrete quarry locations are in the Sturgeon Bay area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to multi-task required
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Products
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Competitive wage
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals
- A strong Safety-First culture
- Be part of the support team that helps build innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state
- Family-oriented, supportive environment
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!