Sturgeon Bay, WI
$18-$20 depending on experience - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Asphalt & Concrete Production positions including:
Driver - Dump Truck
Dump Truck Driver
Premier Concrete, Inc. -A Walbec Group Company
Door County, WI
Are you looking for an exciting career in construction? Premier Concrete, Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come use your experience as a Dump Truck Driver and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency that has made us an industry leading company in heavy and highway construction
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We're looking for a Dump Truck Driver to load, transport and unload aggregates from various mine sites and/or asphalt from batch plants to our locations and customer job sites in a safe and legal manner
Role and Responsibilities:
- Load, transport and deliver aggregates or asphalt using a dump truck from various pits, quarries or plant sites as required by plant or customer needs
- Deliver products in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining quality standards and specifications
- Ensure strict compliance with safety, health, environmental, employment, management, and other company policies, procedures, and principles established by government agencies and Walbec Group
- Participate in safety efforts including identifying and reporting unsafe conditions and/or safety policy violations, and participating in safety meetings/training
- Conduct daily truck maintenance including, DOT daily service inspection, fueling, greasing, and cleaning. Additional maintenance and light repairs may be required as directed by supervisor
- Maintain high expectations of truck appearance and cleanliness, both interior and exterior in accordance with company standards
- Operate other related equipment effectively, such as loader, forklift, skid steer, and other hand and power tools to support plant operations
- Properly fill out and return all required paper work for customer orders and internal requirements
- Participate in general plant and yard cleanliness and maintenance as directed by supervisor
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
- We have the usual suspects like Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium Medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), 401k & Profit Sharing with generous company contributions and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Premier Concrete offices are located in Sturgeon Bay and Baileys Harbor, WI. The primary location for this position is in Sturgeon Bay.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Possess and maintain a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A or Class B with air brake endorsement
- Possess and maintain a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) Health Card
- Must be, or able to become, knowledgeable in the " Basics" of aggregates and asphalt
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions (oral and written)
- Above average communication and customer service skills
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals
- A strong Safety-First culture
- Be part of the support team that helps build innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state
- Family-oriented, supportive environment
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!