We are also hiring for other Business Operations Support positions including:
Seasonal Payroll Specialist
Payroll Specialist (Seasonal)
Construction Resources Management Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Construction Resources Management Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a seasonal Payroll Specialist and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
We are looking for a rock star who has superior attention to detail with a "Can Do!" attitude to work in our payroll department. This is a great opportunity to grow your technical and auditing skills in payroll and get your foot in the door with a company that you can grow with throughout your career.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Position is seasonal, working full-time April through October
- Heavy Job Software Exporting and Daily processing;
- Understanding and managing the Heavy Jobs field reporting software system
- Importing, auditing and reconciling time detail from our remote field crews
- Error correction
- Transmitting corrected file into the ERP system
- Kronos Timekeeping
- Entering paper PTO slips
- Processing Kronos hours and transmitting final file to payroll system
- Process EEOC and other monthly compliance reporting
- Cross train as Certified Payroll back-up
- Cross train as Payroll Specialist back-up
- Other duties as required
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, EAP and PTO, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Experience with Heavy Jobs software and proficiency in Excel would move you to the front of consideration
- Familiarity with auditing procedures and attention to detail are required
- Payroll experience is a plus
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!