We are also hiring for other Business Operations Support positions including:
Construction Resources Management Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Construction Resources Management Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as an Accounting Clerk and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture. Our approach is driven by an involved focus on Safety and efficiency, resulting in us being a leader in the heavy and highway construction industry.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounting Clerk will support accounting operations by processing aggregate tickets, maintaining material pricing and working directly with plant operators to keep accurate inventory and sales records.
Role and Responsibilities
- Hours will be Monday through Friday, flexible between 7am 5pm
- Process weekly customer tickets and invoices
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
- Communicate with customers to resolve invoice and sales tax discrepancies
- Perform weekly reconciliation of plant ticketed quantities with foremen reported quantities
- Organize and maintain listing of all customer sales orders
- Update system pricing via JD Edwards software (ERP System)
- Collaborate with accounts receivable on credit related tasks
- Coordinate annual inventory reconciliation by providing count sheets and preparing adjustment forms
- Compile new inventory item details and provide to Controller for creation
- Track and enter accounting transactions to reflect the flow of raw materials into and through manufacturing processes
- Perform other accounting-related duties as required and assigned
Team members at the Walbec Group are offered competitive pay and benefits that align with our values while supporting good health and a balanced life now and into the future. Additionally, we offer a range of opportunities for professional development and career growth that help us all to be successful.
We have the usual suspects like dental, vision, life, flex, EAP, PTO and holidays, but our favorites are the "no premium medical plan" and HRA contribution (with participation in wellness initiatives), company paid STD and LTD, 401k & profit sharing with company contribution and lastly, robust Walbec training.
- Associates Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Two (2) or more years in related experience and/or training
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organized with strong follow-up skills
- Strong analytical skills, detailed-oriented, self-motivated, and team-oriented
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from four (4) year college or university
- Experience with JD Edwards World software
- Prior experience in a general accounting environment
- Prior experience with inventory accounting principles
Why Should You Apply?
First, because we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
- Excellent wages and benefits packages.
- Job security in our role as an essential company providing infrastructure services.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!Apply Now