Union Scale - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Heavy Highway Construction positions including:
Experienced Asphalt Screed Operator
Payne & Dolan, Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Screed Operator will be responsible for operating several types of paving equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, asphalt screeds.
Role and Responsibilities
- Operate equipment as directed for the construction of roads and other projects (parking lots, driveways, etc.) as needed.
- Work with one or several types of paving equipment in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury and property damage.
- Depending on assignment, able to properly utilize equipment to accomplish tasks involving grade, slope, yield, etc. as needed.
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Assist with repairs as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of two to three years of previous work experience in asphalt screed operation
- Successfully pass, or has passed, the Operator's Union aptitude test when required
- Ability to clean, maintain and assist in repairing equipment
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Class A CDL or willingness/ability to obtain
May require working long hours, rotating shifts, split shifts, weekends and nights. May require traveling to sites up to 1.5 hours one way to work.
Environmental Requirements for screed operator position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
- Work in a dirty and dusty environment
- Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
- Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
- Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
Additional Notes: Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day. The ability to work varied hours including overtime as needed.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture here at the Walbec Group. Our leadership understands the unique abilities and differences of our team members is what drives our innovation and growth. When you choose Walbec, you'll be welcomed into a supportive environment where all team members feel heard, respected, and valued.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.Apply Now