$18 - $25 - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Quality Control & Environmental Compliance positions including:
- Quality Control Field Technician (Waukesha, WI)
Materials Technology Center Lab Technician
Payne & Dolan Inc, a Walbec Group Company
Payne & Dolan operates a Materials Technology Center (MTC) in our Gladstone location. This materials lab conducts research, testing and design of asphalt materials and products. Under the direction of the Materials Technology Center (MTC) Supervisor, it is the responsibility of the MTC Technician to provide quality testing services while maintaining a safe environment and compliance with specifications, organizational policies, procedures, and ethical standards. The position operates in an industrial laboratory setting working with the raw materials of asphalt and other related construction components.
Role and Responsibilities
- Follow procedures to perform testing on various construction materials
- Perform testing in an ethical, precise and expedient manner
- Assist with R&D projects
- Work with the MTC Supervisor to schedule and prioritize tasks
- Create and maintain accurate records on all testing performed
- Assist MTC Supervisor with equipment maintenance, lab calibrations and general lab maintenance and housekeeping
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Strong organization and communication skills and works well in a team environment.
- The ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and the ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision; must be a self-starter.
- The ability to frequently lift 50 70 pounds and to physically perform the required tests.
- The ability to understand and follow all established and required company safety guidelines.
- The ability to obtain the necessary certifications required to perform assigned duties.
- The ability to strictly adhere to company established laboratory standards.
- Technical degree in an engineering or science discipline
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as needed
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of the construction industry
Be able to tolerate variable weather conditions from extreme heat to cold
Work in a dirty and dusty environment
Be able to walk and/or stand for extended time (up to an entire day's shift)
Be able to comprehend, understand and follow policies, procedures and safety requirements
Have the ability to hear and see to the level of accomplishment for above requirements
Additional Notes: Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day. The ability to work varied hours including overtime as needed.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.