Union Rate - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Craft & Skilled Trades positions including:
Shotcrete Placement Specialist
Shotcrete Placement Specialist
Zenith Tech Inc. a Walbec Group Company
Are you looking for an exciting career in road, highway, and bridge construction? Zenith Tech Inc. of the Walbec Group has a place for hard working, loyal, and driven people like you. Come work with us as a Shotcrete Placement Specialist and enjoy a family-focused, progressive culture, and work with an industry leading company in heavy road and highway construction.
The Walbec Group of companies is currently in its third generation of family leadership producing high-quality construction materials and delivering unparalleled professional design, engineering, and construction services.
- Recently named a Milwaukee Business Journal 2020 Best Place to Work.
- Associated with many exciting state, municipal, federal, and commercial projects. Check out our website for a complete list of interesting projects. walbecgroup.com
- Proud Partner of the Green Bay Packers.
The Shotcrete Placement Specialist is a laboring position that operates the nozzle on shotcrete operation crews and assists in all areas of the crew's work, including, but not limited to, material removal and all prep work associated with shotcrete operation. When nozzle operation work is limited, this position will perform a variety of other laboring tasks as assigned in ZTI operations.
- Our union employees enjoy the quality benefits provided by our union partners. Additionally, union employees have access to a variety of training on our Walbec employee website portal for personal and professional development.
- Projects will vary by location, so reliable transportation and a willingness to travel to any job site is required as needed. Position will include travel throughout, but not limited to: Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Some travel compensation will be provided.
- Valid Driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- A Class A CDL is preferred, but not necessary for hire.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Have the ability to work varied hours including nights, early mornings, and weekends as needed.
- Be able to tolerate and work in variable weather conditions, and work in dirty and dusty environments.
- Member of the appropriate trade union or willingness to become a union member are required. Union membership is not required prior to employment. Our Human Resources Department is able to assist in that process as needed.
- Certified as a Shotcrete Nozzleman (vertical and overhead).
- 3 years of experience as a Shotcrete Nozzleman.
- Motivated, self-starter, good communicator, and ability to plan ahead for future tasks.
- Leadership capabilities.
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent wages and benefits packages offered through local trade union.
- Job security-we are an essential company providing infrastructure services, and you are an essential employee.
- Growth opportunities working alongside and learning from experienced industry professionals.
- Be involved in innovative, cool projects throughout the local area and the state.
- Family-oriented, supportive culture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply!