Union Scale - Hourly
We are also hiring for other Heavy Highway Construction positions including:
Payne & Dolan, Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Under the direction of the Logistics Supervisor, the Lowboy Driver is responsible for driving a tractor and trailer (lowboy or flat) to job sites to locate and relocate heavy equipment and materials that will be used in building, repairing and paving of roads and bridges.
Role and Responsibilities
- Operate a tractor and trailer lowboy/flat to perform assigned tasks relating to road construction, repair and paving.
- Safety secure and unsecure all loads.
- Safely transport equipment and materials via tractor and trailer to job sites and back, work with foreman on site while loading and unloading heavy equipment and materials safely.
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum two (2) years of related tractor/trailer driving experience hauling large machinery and material loads
- Valid Class A CDL w/ "N" endorsement, current Federal Medical card and satisfactory driving record
- Experience with various types of heavy equipment
- Some mechanical aptitude, training and/or experience
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work well with others and a working knowledge of all FMCSA regulatory rules.
Additional Notes: Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day. The ability to work varied hours including overtime as needed.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.