Payne and Dolan, Inc.
We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
Senior Professional Engineer
PAYNE AND DOLAN, a Walbec Group Company
We are looking for seasoned field staff to join our growing team of Engineers and Surveyors!
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Sr. Professional Engineer will lead design teams for a wide range of Site Civil, Land Development and Public infrastructure projects.
Payne & Dolan islooking for a self-motivated, results-oriented, problem-solver who has a desire to be part of our growing engineering and land surveying practice. The candidate should be proficient in the following roles and ready to take on the following responsibilities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as projectcivilengineer ensuring that the technical aspects of the project meet quality expectations while complementing the design intent.
- Collaborate with othercivilengineers, design professionals and permitting specialists as well as architects and building engineers.
- Producecivilengineeringdesigns, including preparing project plans and specifications for a wide range of public and private infrastructure projects.
- Produce plans, details and specifications for all aspects ofcivilengineeringincluding grading and drainage, stormwater management, underground utilities, retaining walls, roads and other site related features.
- Perform site reviews, construction site visits, coordinate all aspects of construction administration.
- Communicate with clients, sub-consultants, contractors, all government levels of regulatory agencies regardingengineering, permitting and site development issues.
- Mentor junior staff and participate in performance coaching.
- Participate in the recruitment and interviewing process as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 15 years of experience in designing and managing a wide variety of heavy civil projects, including commercial & residential site development and heavy highway transportation project.
- Experience with implementing green infrastructure into an array of heavy civil projects.
- Registered Professional Engineer (WI)
- Proficiency with AutoCADCivil3D and design competency in the areas of grading, drainage, erosion control, sanitary sewer, water main and storm sewer.
- Experience with municipal requirements and regulatory agency permitting.
- Working knowledge of project management including project scoping, scheduling, cost estimating, and project budgeting.
- Must be a reliable, efficient self-starter with initiative and a sense of responsibility
- Ability to communicate to others to convey information effectively, either by telephone, in written form, email or in person
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records and field notes, and prepare and present detailed written and verbal reports and presentations.
- Valid Driver's License and considered insurable by insurance standard
Position is located in our Appleton, WI office, with regular travel within the State and occasional travel to national client project sites.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.