Zenith Tech, Inc.
We are also hiring for other Engineering & Construction Management positions including:
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Zenith Tech Inc., a Walbec Group Company
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer / Heavy Industrial - Waukesha
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for establishing and implementing engineering department standards and protocols. The individual will also aid in structural analysis and design of temporary earth retention systems, cofferdams, demolition plans, critical lift plans, temporary steel falsework, concrete formwork, hydraulic jacking and other heavy construction processes. Individual must be self-directed, highly organized, motivated and maintain high level of standards.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform engineering design and analysis on multiple and/or complex structural systems, site, bridge and other miscellaneous heavy construction and industrial projects.
- Manage and direct the developing and interpreting of engineering data to perform calculations and generate construction/shop drawings.
- Help manage and develop other engineering staff and interns.
- Utilize established code, project specifications and provisions from owners to analyze and prepare engineered drawings. Conduct site visits and pre-work consultations with owner representatives as required.
- Assist estimators and participate in pre-bid reviews with operations to provide conceptual means and methods for proposals.
- Work with operations to establish means and methods to develop plans and shop drawings.
- Collaboratively work with Shop, Project and Construction Managers to assist in solving construction and/or structural problems. Perform site visits as required.
- Provide layouts and drawings to project staff to assist in the coordination with utility companies for relocation of utility owned facilities.
- Performs other related duties as require.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university. Emphasis in mechanics of materials and structural analysis is preferred.
- 10 years of construction design in related field with oversight or manager experience.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- Comprehensive knowledge of structural design, engineering theories and principles.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in WI. Licensed in adjacent states or ability to acquire through NCEES site preferred.
- Proficient with structural engineering analysis software (RISA or equivalent) - 3D and FEA experience preferred.
- Proficient in CAD (3D experience preferred) and Mathcad.
- Civil Tech and/or other Geotech analysis software knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of common construction forming materials and forming systems used in heavy construction engineering projects.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of the Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which the Company has employees.